- Servings: 10
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 3 1/2 hrs
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Empty plum tomatoes into large bowl and squash with your hands.
- Add all ingredients to pot and simmer for 3 hours.