Prep Time: 1 Hour
Yields: 6 Servings
- 2 pounds crawfish tails, cleaned
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsps minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 quarts crawfish stock or similar
- 1 ounce sherry
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 cups steamed white rice
- Louisiana hot sauce to taste
- In a 2-gallon saucepot, saute onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and bay leaves until wilted (3-5 minutes).
- Whisk in flour until a white roux is achieved.
- Blend crawfish tails and tomato sauce into mixture, cook 5 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching.
- Slowly add stock until a sauce-like consistency is achieved.
- Add more stock as needed to retain consistency.
- Bring to a rolling boil then reduce to simmer and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sherry, green onions, and parsely.
- Cook 5 minutes and season with salt and cayenne pepper
- Thank you get eat!